Up: CPU Board
Previous: Operating System
The PC/104 board and attached hard drive have been mounted in a
large aluminium case that will allow for :
Figure 1 shows the processor board and hard drive mounted
in the case.
- proper air flow.
- good electrical noise isolation.
- adequate protection of the electrical components.
- sufficient room for future expansion.
There are still several tasks that need to be completed regarding
the cpu board and its housing. These tasks include :
These tasks will be completed after the chassis has been
completely assembled or, depending on availability of the machine
shop, other methods for completing this assembly will be found.
- mount CPU cooling fan.
- machine mounting holes for
serial and parallel ports.
- mount power connector.
- possibly mount power supply inside the case.
CPU and hard drive mounted in case.