The scope of this project is to demonstrate a highly stable laser feedback control system used to lock the frequency of a laser. This is accomplished by using a thermal-stabilized
reference interferometer in conjunction with a high-speed servo controller. The problem our system addresses is the short-term wavelength stability issue found in narrow-linewidth lasers.
- LabView software was used to adjust the laser wavelenght automatically if drifting from the ideal position occured.
- July 22nd - Awarded 1st place in ELEC 499 Design Competition
- July 15th - Project Design Complete
- July 8th - LabView software adjusted
- July 5th - Move into the new lab
- June 30th - LabView program 80% complete
- June 17th - Laser Successfully Locked for
- June 3rd - Equipment fully assembled
SUPERVISOR: PROF. TAO LU