BME/CENG/ELEC/SENG 499 Projects
Supervisor: Amirali Baniasadi, firstname.lastname@example.org (May 24, 2012)
AB1 Potentials of Instruction Reuse in High Performance Processors
Although some instructions contribute more to performance than others, current processors typically execute all as if each instruction was equally important. In addition, executing many instructions seems unnecessary since we may either not need the outcome, or be able to determine it without executing the instruction. Both problems result is unnecessary resource occupation. In this project methods will be designed to identify such opportunities and use them to improve processor performance. The research group will develop and evaluate architectural and circuit level techniques.
AB2 Mobile App for a RESTful web service
Boosting social interactions and transparency can improve the quality of products and services. While the individuals impact social networks, the networks equally impact the individuals. Baltaza is a web tool to enhance professional networking. Every day we are exchanging our business cards or any other means of contacts information. Baltaza enables creating, searching, sharing, requesting, rating, and archiving virtual business cards globally.
The purpose of this project is to design and build a mobile application to increase the effectiveness and portability of Baltaza.
What is provided already:
- a reference web client which is up and running.
- a RESTful web service which allows service calls based on pure html request/response.
- Web Application Description Language (WADL) is available to describe the services.
- Documentation and Support about the web service and its features.
What is expected:
- Adapting the web user interface to a mobile app user interface.
- Building the mobile app in the framework of your choice (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, or Windows).
- Integration and assembly test to ensure the mobile works successfully in concert the web client.
What you will learn:
- the principles of social networking tools and mobile application usability design.
- a well known programming language such as Java, C#, or Objective C, etc.
- How work collaboratively to build a product within the scope/budget per schedule.