Welcome to Jeremy Svendsen's web page
I am currently a PhD Student at the University of Victoria. My current research is in the area of Digital Document Image Analysis with a focus on digitally rendered chart images. This research is being supported by SAP with their ARC Fellowship program.. My supervisor is Dr. Alexandra Branzan Albu.
- PhD - Electrical and Computer Engineering (Current), University of Victoria, Canada.
- MASc - Electrical and Computer Engineering (2009), University of Victoria, Canada. Thesis title: Analysis of Motor Skills in Subjects with Down's Syndrome using Computer Vision Techniques
- BSc - Combined major in Physics and Astronomy (2007), University of Victoria, Canada.
- Svendsen J., Branzan-Albu A., Document Segmentation via Oblique Cuts, in SPIE: Electronic Imaging, 2013.
- Svendsen, J.; Beugling, T.; Branzan-Albu, A.; , "Computer vision based assessment of hand-eye coordination in young gamers: A baseline approach," Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops (CVPRW), 2012 IEEE Computer Society Conference on , pp.13-18, 16-21 June 2012 IEEE Xplore link
- Svendsen, J.; Albu, A.B.; Virji-Babul, N.; , "Analysis of patterns of motor behavior in gamers with down syndrome," Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops (CVPRW), 2011 IEEE Computer Society Conference on , vol., no., pp.1-6, 20-25 June 2011 IEEE Xplore Link
Coursework (in reverse chronological order)
- My current research is in the area of document image analysis.
- My MASc was in the area of computer vision based human motion analysis.
- Current Courses: Directed Study, Automated Software Testing.
- Automated Software Testing. CSC 586b
- Directed Study -
- Visualization, CSC 511
- Digital Video Processing, ELEC 583
- Image Processing, ELEC 639B
- Computer Animation - CSC 587
- Directed Study -
- Wavelets - ELEC 586