Current Graduate Students
- Anthony Kroeker (MASc)
- Saman Khoshbakht (PhD)
- Ali Zolfaghari Jooya (PhD)
University of Victoria
- Nainesh Agarwal (PhD 2009) "System-Level Design of Power Efficient FSMD Architectures"
Technical Leader, BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Farshad Khun Jush (PhD 2008) "Architectural Enhancement for Message Passing Interconnects"
faculty, Shiraz University, IRAN
Vanderster (PhD 2008, co-supervised with R. Sobie) "Resource Allocation and Scheduling
Strategies on Computational Grids"
Postdoctoral Fellow, C.E.R.N.
- Esham Atoofian (PhD 2008, co-supervised with A. Baniasadi) "Energy and Performance Improvement in High-Performance Processors"
faculty, Lakehead University
- Rafael Parra-Hernandez (PhD 2005) “A
Study of Knapsack-based Admission and Allocation techniques”
Chief Scientist, Eightfold Logic Inc.
- A. Afsahi (PhD 2000) “Design and Evaluation
of Communication Latency Hiding/Reduction Techniques for Message
faculty, Department of ECE, Queens University
- M. Escalante (PhD 1999) “Probabilistic Timing
Verification and Timing Analysis for Synthesis of Digital Interface
- S. Neville (PhD 1998) “Approaches for Early Fault Detection in Large Scale Engineering Plants”
faculty, Department of ECE, University of Victoria
- V. Dimakopoulos (PhD 1996) “Collective Communication Problems in Multiprocessors”
faculty, Dept. of CS. University of Ioannina
- R. Sivakumar (PhD 1995) “Topological Optimization
and Deadlock-Free Routing in Interconnection Networks Based on
- R.V. Dantu (Ph.D. 1990 co-supervised with. A. Al-Khalili & R. Patel) “A Computer Vision System for VLSI Wafer Probing”
faculty, Department of CSE, University of North Texas.
- Kin F. Li (Ph.D. 1987) “A Distributed Operating System Design for the Homogeneous Multiprocessor”
faculty, Department of ECE, University of Victoria.
University of Victoria
- Caedmon Somers (MASc 2004) "Fault Detection in Cable Modem Networks"
- Erik Laxdal (MASc 2003)
"Fault Categorization of Small Quantities of Real Data using Neural
- A. Schoorl (MASc 1999)
"An agent architecture for mobile network services: design
- N.P. Kourounakis (MASc 1998) "Improved Fault Detection in Cable Television Networks"
- John Dorocicz (MASc 1997) "Asymptotically Stable Recurrent Neural Net-works: Theory and Application"
- Rodney Payne (M.Eng. 1993) "The Dame designer: The futurebus+ arbitration protocol abstraction"
- Athanasios Rontogiannis (MASc 1993)
"A probabilistic approach for reducing the search cost in
binary decision trees"
- Chris Jubien (MASc 1993)
"Asymptotically stable neural networks for identification of nonlinear
- Stephen Neville (MASc 1992)
"A prototype expert system based diagnostic tool for
cable trunk amplifier networks"
- Vassilios Dimakopoulos
(MASc 1992) "Processor allocation and
message broadcasting in hypercycle interconnection networks"
- Dave Caughey (MASc 1991)
"Hebbian learning algorithms in neutral networks with inhibitory
- Marco Escalante (MASc 1991) "DAME: An expert microprocessor-based-systems designer"
- Sivakumar Radhakrishnan (MASc 1991)
"VLSI implementation of a router for the
backtrack-to-the-origin-and retry-routing scheme of the hypercycle
based interconnection networks"
- Don Radvan (MASc 1990)
"Performance evaluation and router design for
backtrack-to-origin-and-retry routing in hyper-cycle-based
- Nando DiGiambattista (M.Eng. 1989)
- Terry Segal (M.Eng. 1989)
"The homogeneous multiprocessor: memory modules and interbus
- Van Phuc Trach Phung (M.Eng. 1988) "Throughput analysis of CSMA/CF systems"
- P. Michalopoulos (M.Eng. 1986) "Non vocal sound recognition techniques"
- A. Antoniades (M.Eng. 1986) "Sound generation for aircraft simulators"
- C.W. Wong (M.Eng. 1985) "A
collision free protocol for LANs utilizing concurrency for channel
contention and transmission"
- A. Tacker (Tech. Report 1985) "General purpose drive circuit for Sim-fast instruments"
- J.F. Salas (M.Eng.
1983) "On the design and optimization of a smart
microprocessor-based CRT terminal to serve as an operator interface to
a frequency hopping radio"
- D. Kehayas (Major Tech. Report 1983) " The H-network, a packet switching local area network"
- N. Galatis (Major Tech. Report
1981) "On the implementation of the homogeneous multiprocessor
scheme by using the MC68000 micro-processor"