PRACTICAL OPTIMIZATION: Algorithms and Engineering Applications
- Presents a unified, detailed, and easy to read treatment of
unconstrained and constrained optimization.
- Adopts a practical treatment of optimization which is accessible to
a broad audience from college students to scientists and industry
- Class-tested over many years.
- Includes numerous thoroughly tested algorithms in step-by-step
pseudo-code format, which are easy to implement in MATLAB or any
other computer language.
- Includes two chapters that deal exclusively with
real-life applications in the areas of pattern recognition,
control systems, robotics, communication systems, and the design
of digital filter design.
- Includes recent optimization methods of emerging interest
such as semidefinite and second-order cone programming.
- Deals with the relevant parts of linear algebra for easy reference.
- Provides a complete teaching package with MATLAB exercises and online
solutions of the end-of-chapter problems - see