The project involves the design of a digital bandpass filter with the following specifications:
· Passband Center Frequency f0 = 2000 Hz
· Sampling Rate fS = 8000 Hz (8000 samples/second)
· 3 dB Bandwidth (1/2 power region) B = 500 Hz
· Filter is to consist of 2 poles and 2 zeros
· Unity gain (no amplification or attenuation) at the peak frequency
Once designed, the filter characteristics were tested using a number of methods. The steps involved in the design of the filter and results of these tests are included in this report.