Canada Research Chair, Tier II
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Room 439, EOW
Email: xdong AT ece DOT uvic DOT ca
Xiaodai Dong received her B.Sc.
degree from the Department of Information and Control Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University (China) in 1992, her M.Sc. degree from
the Department of Electrical Engineering, National University of Singapore in
1995 and her Ph.D. degree from the Department of Electrical and Computer
Engineering, Queen’s University, Kingston, in 2000. She was with Nortel Networks,
· Ultra-wideband communications theory and implementation
- Low data rate applications
- High data rate applications
- Testbed implementation
· Radio propagation measurements
· Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) systems
· Multiple input multiple output (MIMO) antenna systems
· Cooperative communications
· Advanced signal processing algorithms
· Communication theory
· Wireless applications
· X. Dong, J. Li and P. Orlik, “A new transmitted reference pulse cluster system for UWB communications”, IEEE Trans. Vehicular Technology, pp. 3217-3224, Sept. 2008.
· R. Zhang and X. Dong, “Synchronization and integration region optimization for UWB signals with non-coherent detection and auto-correlation detection”, IEEE Trans. Communications, pp. 790-798, May 2008.
· X. Dong, W.S. Lu, and A. Soong, "Linear interpolation in pilot assisted channel estimation for OFDM", IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., pp. 1910-1920, May 2007.
· Y. Wang, X. Dong, P.H. Wittke and S. Mo, "Cyclic prefixed single carrier transmission in ultra-wideband communications", IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications, pp. 2017-2021, Aug. 2006.
· L. Xiao and X. Dong, "Unified analysis of generalized selection combining with normalized threshold test per branch", IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications, pp. 2153-2163, Aug. 2006.
· L. Xiao and X. Dong, "The exact transition probability and bit error probability of two-dimensional signaling", IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications, pp. 2600-2609, Sep. 2005.
· X. Dong and L. Xiao, "Symbol error probability of two-dimensional signaling in Rician fading with imperfect channel estimation", IEEE Trans. Vehicular Technology, pp. 538-549, Mar. 2005.
WiMedia UWB product testing report (here)
ELEC456 Mobile Communications
ELEC405 Error Control Coding and Sequences
ELEC619A Ultra-wideband Communications
· Senior Member of IEEE
· Editor for Journal of Communications and Networks
· Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
· Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
· Associate Editor for Modulation and Signal Design of IEEE Transactions on Communications (2001-2007)