ECE 380: Electronic Circuits
Table of Contents
Deadline: Monday, Sept. 21, 2020 at 8:30am.
- UPDATED (Sep 9, 12:55pm)
Slides Pilot Lesson
Topic: Syllabus, Selected Literature, and Prerequisites
Accessing Course Materials
All of the downloadable course materials associated with this web page
are stored in a password protected area.
In order to access the course materials, you will need to know the
appropriate username and password to use (for the web server). If you are
taking this course, you should know the correct username and password (which
were announced during the first lecture). Note that this username and
password are not the ones for your Netlink (or faculty/departmental)
- Quiz with Solutions in 2019
Quiz 1 provides the solutions in which the JFET output
resistance (ro) is taken into consideration.
Quiz 2 provides the solutions in which the JFET output
resistance (ro) is neglected.
Office: EOW 313
Office hours: Tuesday 12:30pm-3:30pm
Teaching Assistants - Tutor
Teaching Assistants - Laboratory
- Anusha VENKATARAMAN (B01, Monday, 1:00pm-3:50pm, online/zoom)
- Erfan KHORRAM (B02, Monday, 4:00pm-6:50pm, online/zoom)
- Sanaul HAQUE (B03, Wednesday, 1:30pm-4:20pm, online/zoom)
- Vahid SHIRAN (B04, Wednesday, 4:30pm-7:20pm, online/zoom)
- Shahram MORADI (B05, Friday, 1:00pm-3:50pm, online/zoom)
- A. Sedra and K. Smith, Microelectronic Circuits, 7th (or later) edition,
Oxford University Press, 2015 (optional).
This textbook has a website
with extra resources.
Specifically, there is a
section on JFETs.
- Paul R. Gray, Paul J. Hurst, Stephen H. Lewis, and
Robert G. Meyer, Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated
Circuits, 4th or 5th Edition, John Wiley and Sons (optional).
The list of Lab experiments:
- Two-Stage Amplifier (experiment, simulation, and hand analysis)
- Frequency Response (experiment, simulation, and hand analysis)
- Differential Amplifier (experiment, simulation, and hand analysis)
- Parameters of Operational Amplifier (experiment)
- Instrumentation Amplifier (experiment and hand analysis)
- Nonlinear Circuits (experiment)
- Large Signal Amplifier (simulation)
- Low Pass Filter (simulation)
- ELEC 330 LT Spice tips
- ELEC 330 Spice models
The quiz will be held during regular lecture hours on September 28,
The midterm exam will be held during regular lecture hours on October 26,
Feedback on the course and teaching is always most welcome!
The instructor will never hold any of your comments against you, but
please be constructive in your criticism.