My broad research interest is in the general area of wireless
communications and networking. Currently,
I am focusing on the following specific topics:
Additional information about my research can be found at
Laboratory for Advanced Wireless Communication Research (LAWCR).
- Multiple antenna techniques;
- Data-oriented design;
- Physical layer security;
- Green communications;
- Performance analysis;
CURRENT GRADUATE STUDENTS
- Wenjing Wang, Ph.D. student
- Tingnan Bao, Ph.D. student
- Mohammad Gharbieh, M.A.Sc. student
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS
Click this link to see a complete list
of books, journal publications, and book chapters.
- W.-J. Wang, H.-C. Yang, and M.-S. Alouini, ``Wireless transmission of big data: A transmission time analysis over fading channel'', IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol., no., pp., 2018.
- J. Zhu and H.-C. Yang, ``Low-complexity QoS-aware coordinated scheduling for heterogeneous networks'', IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 66, No. 7, pp. 6596-6601, July 2017.
- T. Nabiel, F. Gebali, H.-C. Yang, and M.-S. Alouini, ``Cross layer analysis of point-to-multi-point hybrid FSO/RF networks'', Journal of Optical Communications and Network, Vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 234--243, March 2017.
- M. Usman, H.-C. Yang, and M.-S. Alouini, ``Extended delivery time analysis for cognitive packet transmission with application to secondary queuing analysis'', IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 5300-5312, October 2015.
- T. Wu and H.-C. Yang, ``On the performance of overlaid wireless sensor transmission with RF energy harvesting'', IEEE Journal of Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), Special Issue on Wireless Communications Powered by Energy Harvesting and Wireless Energy Transfer, Vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 1693-1705, August 2015.
- L. Zhang, H.-C. Yang, and M. O. Hasna, ``Generalized area spectral efficiency: An effective performance metric for green wireless communications'', IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 747-757, February 2014.